NumberGyan.com is a novel Mathematics Cloud Computing platform for learning and practicing mathematics.
Using a set of algorithms, NumberGyan.com can generate problems on each topic The problems are organised by topics and sub-topics.
NumberGyan.com has content in the areas of Numbers,
Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Probability and Statistics.
There is a progressive development of concepts in each topic.
- Integers, rational Numbers (fractions, decimals)
- Percentages, ratio/proportion, profit/loss, simple interest, compound interest
- HCF and LCM
- Squares and square roots
- Cubes and cube roots
- Irrational numbers, surds and rationalization of surds
- Arithmetic progression
- Algebraic expressions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Division, HCF and LCM of polynomials
- Linear equations
- Simultaneous Linear Equations in two variables
- Quadratic equations and roots
- Lines and Angles (corresponding and supplementary angles)
- Triangles: types (isoceles, right triangles), congruence and similarity
- Triangles: mid point theorem, perpendicular bisectors of sides, angle bisectors, medians, altitudes
- Circles: arcs and chords
- Circles: inscribed angles, tangents, secants
- Perimeter and area of square, rectangle, parallelogram, rhombus, trapezium, triangle, circle, compound figures
- Surface area and volume of cube, cuboid, cylinder, cone, sphere, compound figures
- Pythagoras theorem
- Trigonometric ratios
- Trigonometric ratios of common angles
- Heights and distances (elevation and depression)
Probability and Statistics
- Basic concepts of probability
- Histograms, Pie charts
- Mean, Median, Mode
NumberGyan.com is built on a scalable, high performance cloud computing Ubuntu Linux platform using Go and Ruby.